Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Journal of Callie Wade



Sorry. It's been awhile I haven't update for the new entry. Let's see what we've got here. =)

Title     : The Journal of Callie Wade
Author: Dawn Miller

Synopsis:

April 12, 1859: "What you can't duck, you best welcome."  That's what Mama used to always say, anyway... Even though it was in me to fight going West, I couldn't; there is a light in Pa's eyes, a kind of hope that our Rose will find health and I see it in Jack's eyes, too.  As wild and reckless as my brother can be, I know he dreams of better. When I look into Quinn's eyes I feel my own dreams, too... and the love.  But everything is so unsure on the trail.  Sitting here, staring at the scattered camp fires of the train, I can almost hear the prayers to make it through another dust-choked mile, over another river, another birth... another death.  Maybe Pa is right, maybe we'll all have a new chance at life in the West.  But what a price?

From bitter hardships to moments of shining joy, from unexpected friendship to Callie's blossoming love for Irishman Quinn McGregor, THE JOURNAL OF CALLIE WADE is a chronicle of courage and faith, an inspiring tale of hope and endurance to treasure for years to come. 


Genre : Fiction
Pages : 298

Price   : RM10 (not including postage)
Status : Available

Email me : nazuramn@yahoo.com
Also from Dawn Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment